· Competition is governed by the rules and regulations of the Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing (SOBHD)
· The decision of the Adjudicator is final
The competitor’s age will be as of Saturday, April 6, 2019. Age
groups will be determined after the closing date of entries. The
competition committee reserves the right to combine, split, or
eliminate classes the day of the event, based on registered
· Last to enter, first to compete
· All dancers must present 2019 FUSTA/ ScotDance card at the time of registration.
Perpetual trophies from special events/awards are the property
of the San Antonio Highland Games Association and must be returned prior
to the following year’s event. Winners are responsible for engraving.
Cash Awards in the amounts of $40/$30/$20/$10 will be awarded
in the eldest age group of Premier dancers, based on a ratio of dancers
· Medals will be awarded in all other Premier age groups and in Primary and all Pre-Premier age groups.
All dances will count towards aggregate trophy awards in
Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, and Premier categories. No trophies
awarded in the Primary class.
· Entry fees &
admission tickets are non-refundable. All competitors will use their 2019 FUSTA registration cards to receive free entry into the gate. Family Admission Tickets must be bought at front gate or online.
Entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, March 27th, 2019. Late entries
will be accepted until April 1st, 2019 with an additional late entry
fee of $25.00.
ORDER OF EVENTS
- Registration begins at 8:30 AM.
- Dancing starts PROMPTLY at 9:00 AM.
- INTERMEDIATE and PREMIER registration will begin at 12:00pm with competition immediately following lunch break.