· Competition is governed by the rules and regulations of the Royal Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing (RSOBHD)
· The decision of the Adjudicator is final
The competitor’s age will be as of Saturday, April 4, 2020 Age
groups will be determined after the closing date of entries. The
competition committee reserves the right to combine, split, or
eliminate classes the day of the event, based on registered
· Last to enter, first to compete
· All dancers must present 2020 FUSTA/ ScotDance card at the time of registration.
Perpetual trophies from special events/awards are the property
of the San Antonio Highland Games Association and must be returned prior
to the following year’s event. Winners are responsible for engraving.
· Cash Awards will be awarded in all Premier age groups up to 3rd place based on ratio of dancers to prizes. (under 12) $20/$10/$15 (under 16) $30/$20/$10 (over 16) $40/$30/$20 If
fewer than 4 cash awards will only be given for first place. Medals and
ribbons will be awarded for all other placings as well as in all
Primary and Pre-Premier groups.
All dances will count towards aggregate trophy awards in
Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, and Premier categories. No trophies
awarded in the Primary class.
· Entry fees &
admission tickets are non-refundable. All competitors will use their 2020 FUSTA registration cards to receive free entry into the gate. Family Admission Tickets must be bought at front gate or online.
Entries must be postmarked by Monday, March 23rd, 2020. Late entries
will be accepted until March 31st, 2020 with an additional late entry
fee of $25.00.
ORDER OF EVENTS
- Registration begins at 8:30 AM.
- Dancing starts PROMPTLY at 9:00 AM.
- PRIMARY, INTERMEDIATE and PREMIER registration will begin at 12:00pm with competition immediately following lunch break.